Good morning! It is 5:00 in the morning and it's Saturday and I'm up! There could only be one reason for such a thing--DEWEY'S 24 HOUR READ-A-THON!!! And I've not been blogging much at all lately, but for this--always. As tradition dictates, we will start off with this survey.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I'm in a suburb of Portland, Oregon on the west coast of the United States. It is currently pitch black out, so I can't give you much of a weather report, but yesterday was full of gusting fall leaves.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
All of them? I really like my stack this time. I plan to start with The List, which is a Battle of the Books title I'd never heard of before, but the premise sounds really cool.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
This is also 100% traditional for my read-a-thon enjoyment: my Trader Joe's Fleur de Sal caramels.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I'm a middle school reading teacher, and I'm kicking myself for forgetting to tell all my classes I am doing this. They are always so astonished; it's hilarious.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I'm trying to keep my expectations low in terms of how many hours I read. Every once in awhile I actually manage to read most of the night, but given how busy life is, I'm going to allow myself to go to bed at midnight or so.
Gonna go read now!