I'm doing a giveaway each week, probably on Wednesdays, of which there are five this month. But not an ordinary giveaway, oh no.
Here's how it's going to work:
- Week one (today!) I'm asking the winner to choose $25 worth of books (give or take 2 bucks) from my First Books wish list. Those books will be donated to my classroom library in your name. (The account is password protected, but I can email my wishlist to the specific winner.)
- Week two (July 10th) I'm asking the winner to send me their zip code. I will donate $25 in their name to a Donors Choose project in their area, one based around reading and writing.
- Week three (July 17th) I will ask the winner to send me their favorite picture book, kids/MG book, YA book and adult book. I will use my teacherly wiles to get as many of these as I can for around $25 and add them to the Little Free Library that's in a nearby low-income apartment complex.
- Week four (July 24th) I will donate $25 in the winner's name to RAICES.
- Week five (July 31) one grand prize winner will receive EACH of these prizes spread out over the next year. So they'll choose another $25 worth of titles for my classroom, get $25 donated to a local Donors Choose project, pick $25 worth of titles for the Little Free Library, and have $25 donated to RAICES in their name.
- You will have to enter each contest separately--so come back each week to enter again!
ALSO, all winners will get to choose a little something from me. Options will be:
- bookish scarves I've received but don't use
- stickers (bookish, of course!)
- and yes, grand prize winner gets one of each!
FURTHERMORE if you decide to do any of the above with your own money, and you send me proof of purchase by August 31st, 2019, I'll send you a homemade bookmark or sticker made by my 13 year old and me.
OTHER FOOLISHNESS going on this month will include many lists of fifty.
- One favorite book published in each year of my life.
- One favorite book read in each year of my life.
- Fifty favorites in several of my favorite genres (mystery, fantasy, historical, literary, etc.)
- Fifty things about me
SHALL WE BEGIN????