Kimberly at Caffeinated Book Reviewer hosts the weekly Sunday Post link-up, and Deb at ReaderBuzz is expanding Sunday Salon from a FB group to a link-up as well.
What I Read
Heroine by Mindy McGinnis. Read this in one sitting. 4.5/5
Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith, aka J. K. Rowling. Not sure why these are called the Comoran Strike books and not the Strike and Robin series. 4/5
Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManus Terrific PG thriller. 4/5
and I skimmed This Will Only Hurt a Little by Busy Phillips.
What I'm Reading/What's Next
I started Odd One Out by Nic Stone and am enjoying it so far, and I've picked up Seraphina after enjoying Tess of the Road so much.
Falconer's Library Log
I spent several hours at the library last weekend and did some blogging, so I actually had a few posts go up this week.
|Bonus photo from the walk we took near the library.|
- I was inspired by a quote to create a new tag--If On a Winter's Night a Traveler was the source. Play along!
- I reviewed the stunning fantasy novel Tess of the Road.
- I participated in Top Ten Tuesday, but instead of rainy day reads, wrote about tropes and topics that make me not want to pick up a book.
- The daughter's birthday was a success. I made cheesecake and homemade hot fudge sauce, and my husband made tacos on her birthday and got her and her friends pizza and junk food for last night's party. We are all chubbier but happy.
- I had a lot of fun leading a small bullet journal workshop on Thursday evening, and it has rejuvenated my own bullet journaling. Today while my kid was at skating lessons I made a weekly spread and did some sketching.
- My sister gave me a shooting star.
Your bullet journal is amazing. I am very visual, and it totally caught my attention. Happy birthday to the daughter. She knows how to celebrate. Tacos and homemade hot fudge - yum! I like Odd One Out. There was one character I found annoying, but I was all about the parts involving Coop and Jupiter's relationship. I hope you like it.ReplyDelete
Love your bullet journaling! It's fun to see other people's creativity at work (since mine is so limited. LOL!).ReplyDelete
Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction
I'm dipping back into bullet journaling. I'm constant in my need for to-do lists and terrible inconstant in my sticking with one. I do feel like I need to embrace the imperfection.ReplyDelete
Bullet journaling is such a cool look. My journal wanders all over the place, so I'm not sure I could keep up that beautiful format. But it looks fabulous.ReplyDelete
Great motto. And quite wise, I think.
I'm adding Tess to a Google Doc of prospective reads I'm considering. I'm also noting who recommended the books. Then, when I need to find something good to read, I'll check the list....
Happy birthday to your daughter! Sounds like she had a fun one! and I loved Two Can Keep A Secret!ReplyDelete
Have a good week!
Happy Birthday to your daughter, I love cheesecake!ReplyDelete
I’ll have to find out more about Heroine, it looks interesting.
Have a great reading week
I love the idea of bullet journalling but I'm incapable of actually sticking with it. :(ReplyDelete
The cheesecake sounds awesome.
Sounds like a really lovely week! Happy reading.ReplyDelete
Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post
Happy Birthday to your daughter.ReplyDelete
I've tried bullet journaling, but I just don't seem to stick with it.