Tuesday, October 24, 2017
TTT: Unique Book Titles
The delightful bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish host this weekly list challenge. If you want to quadruple the size of your TBR AND find a bunch of great book blogs to follow head on over and check them out!
The topic this week is Top Ten Unique Titles
I wasn't even going to put together a post after the exhausting whirl of read-a-thon, but I love this topic too much to pass it up. It's going to go up late in the day, but I'm writing it before I read anyone else's list, so I won't be too influenced.
1. The Porcupine of Truth by Bill Konigsberg
I read the book, liked it, and still have trouble wrapping my mind around the syntax of that phrase.
2. Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt
It's so charmingly specific!
3. I Am A Genius of Unspeakable Evil and I Want to be Your Class President by Josh Lieb
Just rolls off the tongue, right? And it's as funny as you'd expect.
4. Stotan! by Chris Crutcher
Another one that will only ever understand if you read the book. And I love that the exclamation point is integral to the title.
5. Me Being Me is Exactly as Insane as You Being You by Todd Hasak-Lowy
Not content to stop at "unique title," the author also went for "unique format" by writing a novel that consists solely of lists.
6. Lowriders to the Center of the Earth by Cathy Camper
Again, the grammar on this kind of throws me, plus the whole contradiction of cars and center of earthness.
7. Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass by Meg Medina
The title sells itself to my middle schoolers every time. They can't get over seeing the word "ass" on a cover.
8. I Am a Taxi by Deborah Ellis
While many moms may relate to this statement, the cover makes it clear that this is not the context.
9. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
What else can we expect from the author of the gorgeously named (and absolutely fantastic) "Chaos Walking" series?
10. Everybody Sees the Ants by A. S. King
King writes such phenomenal magical realism that it doesn't surprise me I had to ponder which of her titles to choose.
I feel bad that I'm not including cover images, so here's a couple of things I have laying around my desktop.