Trust me, I can think of very few 4:45 wake-ups that would be this easy to get up for, but I'm always excited for read-a-thon. So excited it's hard to get to sleep, which is inconvenient, of course.
Questions to start off the first hour:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Here I am in the suburbs of Portland, Oregon on the west coast of the United States.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I've been wanting to read A Gentleman in Moscow since it came out over a year ago, so probably that one.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Fleur de Sal caramels from Trader Joe's. TJ's should really sponsor my read-a-thon.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I teach reading at a middle school, and one of my students said, "So it's really a challenge to see if your family can go 24 hours with no mom." You got it, kid!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This is my fourth time participating--woo-hoo!--and I asked friends and readers to vote on my stack. So we'll see how well I do sticking to it.
Okay, enough blogging--I'm going to go read!