Not many things would make me get up before 5:00 on a Saturday morning, let me tell you. But a 5 am starting time for Dewey's means I got up at 4:40 to make coffee and boil an egg. Now it's just past 6:00 and my coffee is cold and the sky is light.
I'm starting out with the opening survey. I don't know that I'll do every check-in, but this is a good intro.
1. I am, as usual, reading in Oregon.
2. I am excited about my library copy of The Upside of Unrequited. I so loved Simon Vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda.
3. Well, I accidentally ate my cookies a couple of days ago, but I do still have a couple of candy bars from Trader Joe's to anticipate.
4. I read. I teach reading. I used to hike a lot, but have become sedentary and sluggish over time. I have two kids. I currently have the maximum 100 books checked out from the library, mostly because of a picture book project I'm working on for my classes, but also because of Read-a-Thon!
5. I will be taking my daughter to a 3 hour class in a few hours, and will spend her class time in a coffee shop. This will be my first time taking the RAT out in public!
Back to The Lies of Locke Lamora, which I am enjoying quite a bit.