Monday, July 24, 2017

Getting to Know Me

I'm borrowing this tag from AJ at Read All the Things!, because it was fun to read hers, and I kind of adore personality quizzes.  These are all 100% for entertainment only, except Myers-Briggs, which I have some faith in,  and my blood type, which is SCIENCE.  I just googled random quizzes for most of these.



What's the meaning of your name?

There are two schools of thoughts on this.  The first known Wendy is James Barrie's Wendy of Peter Pan fame.  I'd heard at one point that it came from a neighbor toddler calling him her "fwendy" (e.g. friend).  Cringe.  I've also heard it's a diminutive of Gwendolyn, meaning white-browed.  Mmkay.



My dad used to call me Wendolyn, and if anyone asked, "Oh, is Wendy short for that?" he's say, "No, Wendolyn is long for Wendy." My parents considered naming me Nelly, after my grandma.  Since I grew up in the height of the Little House TV show, in which Nelly was a huge beyotch, I was always glad they changed their minds.




What's your Myers-Briggs personality type?

INFP. Definitely an introvert in that I recharge from being alone and get drained by other people, even though I love spending time with friends and family.  Intuitive (as opposed to sensing) means I'm more big picture than detail oriented; more future plans than present reality focused.  I'm not as sure about that one.  Feeling means I make decision based on my emotions rather than on logic, and that I value mercy over justice.  This one's super valid, and (as these things often are) is both a huge weakness and a major strength in my life.  I can always see the exception to the rule, which makes it hard to be a consistent disciplinarian at home and school.  But I would also never vote to cut health care for others, even if it was a money saving plan.  Ahem.  And Perceiving instead of Judging goes right along with that.  Perceivers like to look at all the options and consider all points of view, and put off making the final decision.  




What's your Zodiac sign?

Heck if I know.  My birthday is just over the cusp between Cancer and Leo, but I cannot relate to anything Leo-ish.  When I was a kid, I claimed Leo because lions are cooler than crabs, right?  But once I read about the associations of each, I had to admit I'm more of the peace-seeking homebody than the attention-seeking leader.



What's your Hogwarts house?

I tested once into Griffindor and once into Hufflepuff.  My patronus, if you're curious, is the Scops Owl.


Are you left-brained or right-brained?

Well, according to this test, I am almost perfectly balanced. But in terms of "organized, mathematically inclined, and logical" vs "spontaneous, humanities inclined, and emotional" I am definitely a right brain person.  



What's your blood type?

I should know this.  I used to donate blood fairly regularly, until I kept being denied for mild anemia.  Um, AB negative?  Maybe?  I'm not even sure what it means to be of one blood type or another.  






What career are you meant to be in?

The online quiz I just took tells me I should be a teacher, which is kind of a relief, since I am.  I remember doing one of those quizzes in school and being told I should be an astronaut, a forester, or an orchestra conductor.  WHAT?!?  I think it had something to do with wanting to work independently and wanting to do something different from day to day.  Guess what?  That's true of teaching as well.




What's your Divergent faction?

Abnegation.  Sigh.  They weren't exactly the heroes of the series.  But yes, I can definitely see myself letting things slide in order to get along and not make waves.



What does your birth order say about you?

I'm the youngest of four, with an 11 year gap between me and my nearest sisters, who are twins, and 13 years between me and our oldest sister.  So in some ways I'm the typical baby of the family and in other ways, I'm like an only child.  Case in point?  I am perfectly willing to let people help me.  I try not to expect it or rely on it, but if someone offers, sure, why not?  That's definitely a youngest child thing.  One of my sisters was over today.  She worked this morning, then had a difficult doctor's appointment.  I've been off all summer and was making dinner.  I offered her a glass of water and she said, "That would be nice, but I'll get it.  Don't you worry about it."  I almost took her at her word, then I was like--wait, what?  I'm too lazy to pour her a glass of water?  She would move mountains for me.  But I almost made her get her own water.  Classy.



On the other hand, I was good at being around adults from a young age, because I was often the only child present.  I also had a really close relationship to my parents that had a different flavor than that of my sisters'.  I have always been comfortable being alone and entertaining myself.

Well, that was fun, if not at all book-related.  Feel free to play along!



4 comments:

  1. That was fun! I never do them myself, but I love to read other people's responses. BTW, I'd have never picked you for the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tag. I like getting to know the people behind the blogs.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, "Wendolyn is long for Wendy" might be my favorite thing ever hahah. This is SO fun. I always forget what my Myers Briggs thingy is. I should probably write it down somewhere. I have taken the Divergent one, and I have gotten Erudite and Divergent- so who knows ;) I don't know my blood type either! I want to say that AB Negative sounds familiar, but maybe that is because you just said it? Probably bwhahah. Anyway, this is great, thanks for sharing it, I love getting to know bloggers better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, this is a very cool quiz. I love reading them, but I haven't done any of them.

    Gayathri @ Musings Over Nothing

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. Comments are almost as sweet as chocolate!