Sunday, April 30, 2017

24th Hour of Dewey's


I'll do a proper wrap up post in a day or two, but wanted to check in with the final survey and all.

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
That would be hour 13, when I came down with a stomach issue of some sort and started puking my guts out.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a reader engaged for next year?
Middle grade and graphic novels are my go-to "take a break" books.  I enjoyed reading Garvey's Choice and Ghost this time.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season?
No, although I suggest we all avoid stomach bugs and food poisoning for sure.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Fun challenges.

5. How many books did you read?
I've read five books and hope to squeeze in a graphic novel or two before it ends.

6. What were the names of the books you read?
Besides Ghost and Garvey's Choice, I read The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo, The Upside of Unrequited, and the last half of The Lies of Locke Lamora.

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Upside of Unrequited.

8. Which did you enjoy least?
I really did like them all, but Garvey's Choice and Girl WTLBT were less amazing than the other three.

9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Oh, I'll be reading away!  I feel like I should do more, but then again, as a reading teacher, it's actually kind of nice to just do the reading and let someone else worry about logistics and celebrations.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the successful read-a-thon! I hope your stomach is better. I read 5 different books, but I only finished 3 of them.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five books in 24 hours, wow! I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. Comments are almost as sweet as chocolate!