I already made a list of resolutions, which has some duplication of what I'm about to list, so bear with me.
2. Discussion Challenge. I just realized I didn't officially sign up this year, so hi, Nicole and Shannon! I'm signing up! At the lowest level, because of that follow-through thing.
4. Some sort of YA Award Winners thing. Last year I signed up for the ALA Awards Books Challenge with Anne at Wilde on My Side, but out of nine titles, I only read three of the books, plus the three I'd already read before the awards were announced. Still, it's a worthwhile goal. Or I could sign up to read all the Printz winners and honor books in 2017. I've had really good luck with Printz books overall, considering I'd read a few before I even really figured out what the Printz is. The awards will all be announced on Jan. 23, so maybe I'll take a look at the two lists then and decide which one is more appealing.
In addition, I intend to:
- Do some posts for Nerdy Book Club
- Participate in the Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thons in April and October
- Participate in the Slice of Life Daily Writing Challenge, also in April
- Figure out how to attend the National Council of Teachers of English conference in St. Louis next November and lead a round-table discussion as part of the team of presenters who have received Book Love grants
- Guest blog for a teaching blog
- Read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets to my daughter
Now the question is, when I look back at this next year, how hard will I laugh?