Sunday, January 1, 2017

Gearing Up for 2017

I seriously intended to clean house today.  Including the hardest part--making my kids clean their rooms.

Yet here it is, 4:00, and here I sit in my pajamas, still on the computer.  As are the kids.

Woo-hoo!  It's a holiday!

I spent three hours going through my email from the past two days.  THAT is a problem.  I have such FOMO where it comes to articles and blog posts that I feel a need to fall down every rabbit hole.

Plus, I missed an email from my sister asking if she could come over on New Year's Eve.  SORRY, PEG!  I LOVE YOU!

I also updated my reading form I created last year.  Every time I enter a book on Goodreads, I enter it on this form too, and at the end of the year all I had to do was push a button, and it graphed all my results.  Three cheers for Google Forms.

Here's a link to a copy of this year's form if you want to make your own copy and play around with it.

I had TOO FEW RESPONDENTS to my survey on what I should read next, but I am going to ignore that fact, because in each case, there was still a clear winner.

The first three books I am reading in 2017, as chosen by a small but magnificent group of people are:

  • A Gentleman in Moscow
  • Revolver
  • The Girl Who Drank the Moon

all of which I'm pretty excited about.  Also--I'm going to read The Wrath and the Dawn for my first Dumbledore's Army selection, and Ten Days a Madwoman for my next consideration in my Cybils committee work.   So I've got my first five books of the year planned out, which is about five books further than I usually plan ahead.

I think I am just going to accept that today is NOT a day for productivity and go settle in with one of those books.  Happy reading, happy new year!

5 comments:

  1. We should all be able to take a day off if we feel like it. And with no explanations needed.

    Here's to a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just need a day to laze around! I can't wait to see what you think of The Girl Who Drank the Moon. That book looks so good!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect New Year's to me! BTW - Thanks for sharing your tracking form - I'm going to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it’s good to spend the day being lazy. I’m looking forward to seeing what you think of Revolver. I haven’t read that one yet, but I’m going to.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Some of my books won your contest! I can't wait to hear what you think! I had big plans for yesterday myself, but ended up being pretty lazy. I had to make up for it today (still not sure when I will get that laundry done)! Happy New Year - looking forward to following your adventures in 2017!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. Comments are almost as sweet as chocolate!