Monday, December 19, 2016

Ten Bookish Wishes for Me!



The delightful bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish host this weekly list challenge.  If you want to quadruple the size of your TBR AND find a bunch of great book blogs to follow head on over and check them out!

The topic this week is "ten books or bookish items that I wouldn't mind Santa leaving under my tree."  Well!

It is a fact universally acknowledged that  I could do all of my holiday shopping at a bookstore, and that the rest of the world could do all of their holiday shopping for me at the same location.

Although last year I told my husband, "You could not go wrong getting me a gift at Powell's," and he said, "Is that a challenge?"  I immediately thought of math textbooks and marijuana-themed knick-knacks and assured him that it was NOT a challenge, smart-ass.

(Nothing against those who like math, or pot.  Just not for me.)

But if a fairy godmother were to tell me to pick out ten things of any type, here is what I'd buy.


  1. Unicorn slippers.  Obviously.  And yes, they have them there.  I believe it's this pair, although their website definitely doesn't showcase the full range of non-book items on hand.
  2. Adorable dishtowels.  Yes, I am so freaking middle aged that I hanker after nice dishtowels.  So sue me.  Again, I'm having to find images elsewhere to show you what I'm talking about.
    The awesome thing about this towel is that each of these cats has a command underneath it ("Sit," "Stay," "Down" etc.) that they are clearly in the process of ignoring.  
  3. A bookish travel mug, because my son keeps taking travel mugs of water up to his room, then losing either the lid or the mug part.
  4. Pretty colored pencil set and this coloring book.
  5. Some sort of gorgeous calendar with big squares, because I'm old school.
  6. Bananagrams.  Or maybe Cards Against Humanity.  Some sort of game that would stay interesting over multiple playings.
  7. Every book on my "Wendy Wants" list that is not available through the public library.  (You were wondering where the books were, right?  I usually only buy books for my classroom, and this list is for me, and these are the only ones I really want to possess, at least long enough to read them.)
  8. The complete collection of Jon Klassen "Hat" books.  I know, I just said I don't need to own books I can read elsewhere, but these are so great.  
  9. The first edition copy of The Good Master by Kate Seredy that I saw there last year.  I couldn't bring myself to buy it, but now I regret that.  The Good Master and The Singing Tree really mean a lot to me, as explained in this post.
  10. A limitless gift card.  HA HA HA just kidding.  You never get to use a wish to wish for more wishes.  Um, I know there are more cute things there that I always drool over, but I'll go with these Little Women sticky notes.  


    Any of these strike your fancy?  Ugh, I almost just asked what would look good under your Christmas tree, but that's rather presumptive, isn't it?  Let's go with what would make you do that happy gasp when you unwrapped it?  (Okay, now THAT just sounds dirty.  Sorry.  Sort of.)




SaveSave
SaveSave

16 comments:

  1. I don't think adorable tea towels make you middle aged... that just makes you cool! :P Love all the unicorn love on your list!

    Kate @ Fictional Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! There's so many wonderful things on your list. I hope you manage to get a few! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I think I could be perfectly happy doing most (all?) of my shopping at a bookstore too. Unicorn slippers ha ha, and a limitless book card. Oh yeah! You can never have too many travel or bookish mugs as a general thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’d also love to get the “hat” books. Those things are hilarious. The cat towel is cute, too.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Jon Klassen's books - I want them for myself haha! And that tea towel is perfect! (It's so weird - all the things I thought my mom was crazy for liking and swore I never would - like getting excited about antiques and sheets and kitchen ware. I now understand the appeal of places like Ikea and Sur la table too)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely and utterly yes to this: "It is a fact universally acknowledged that I could do all of my holiday shopping at a bookstore, and that the rest of the world could do all of their holiday shopping for me at the same location."

    Unicorn slippers! I wish I had known they existed when I was making my list for my family. I put slippers on the list, but now I wish I'd been more specific. Those are great! Love those dish towels!

    Have a wonderful holiday, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, those Little Women stickies are adorable. Love, love, love! I also happen to like fun dish towels, but I'm about to turn 41, so ... yeah, it might be a middle-aged woman thing.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you receive all the items on your list this year. Happy holidays!!

    Here's my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/12/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-wouldnt.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those Little Women bookmarks! Too cute.

    My TTT is here, and I also asked for some bookmarks, but now I'm wishing I'd asked for those ones instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I just realized those are sticky notes, not bookmarks. I would use them as bookmarks anyway.

      Delete
  10. Love the cat towel and the Little Women noted especially.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh! Those dish towels look so adorable!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Honestly though I wouldn't say no to an unlimited giftcard. :)

    Check out my TTT and my current giveaways.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, yes, I love this list. A complete set of the Hat books. Is there anyone else in the world other than you and me who longs for these for Christmas? And how long has it been since I've been totally fascinated with a game?

    Thank you for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who doesn't NEED unicorn slippers in their life? NO ONE that's who. This is a really nice selection and I would be quite happy with any of it. I feel with the desire for dish towels. I also crave good socks and a really nice houseplant. So yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Unicorn slippers! my brother's girlfriend had something like that for Christmas but it was purple. Needless to say I was jealous.
    Those Little Women sticky's are super cute! Another book I have yet to read.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. Comments are almost as sweet as chocolate!