Monday, November 7, 2016

If you liked Orbiting Jupiter...

My students are reading Orbiting Jupiter as part of the Global Read Aloud.  My seventh graders persuaded me to finish it ahead of schedule, and they loved it so much, they all want to re-read it right away.  So I made them this poster to capitalize on their enthusiasm.


By the way, can any of you think of actual YA books that entail cows?  All I could think of was Dairy Queen, so I went with two picture books to keep it balanced (and yes, to be silly).  

2 comments:

  1. Going Bovine is a YA book with mad cow disease, but I don’t remember if there are actual cows . . .

    Orbiting Jupiter is on my TBR list, but I went to a lecture on it that ruined all of the surprises, so I’m not in a hurry to read it. I’ve read TFIOS, The First Part Last, and The Outsiders. I loved them all.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I feel pretty confident recommending any of these. I guess I could have used Going Bovine and Dairy Queen for the cow books.

      Delete

Please share your thoughts. Comments are almost as sweet as chocolate!