Saturday, August 20, 2016

Silent Saturday, aka Picture Dump

It looks like I missed the cut-off for a Wordless Wednesday post, and God forbid that I actually prepare something days in advance.  So here's what's been going on around here lately.

Hikes!

Because what better to do when the temperature hits 100 in town than to go on the first big hike in two years?  

Yes, my face is approximately the color of her shirt. It was 88 degrees on the trail. Cooler than town, but HOT for hiking.


Creek crossings.





Some of us made it all the way to Ramona Falls.  Some of us returned to the creek to play while we waited.  Let the lack of falls photos help you figure out which group I was in. (The other two hikers are my husband and my sister, if you were dying of curiosity.)

Books

The first 200 lbs of my Booklove Foundation Grant books arrived!


But my new classroom is a complete mess! One of my other sisters is going to come help me next week, bless her heart.

I actually WON a Goodreads giveaway.  Just in case you were wondering if that was really a thing.  I am excited to read this book.

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. I miss hiking. I’ve been so busy this summer that I’ve barely left the house. And, OMG 200 pounds of books? That’s crazy.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol on the Goodreads giveaway! I've won a couple, but considering the number I enter, I can imagine that many people must wonder! Good luck with the start of the new school year (ummmm......love alll those boxes of new books!)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you got some great hiking in, even if it was a hot day! Good luck on getting your classroom in order - love the boxes of books!!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. Comments are almost as sweet as chocolate!