Friday, July 1, 2016

Ten (plus four) Great YA Books I Read This Year



Ten + Four Great YA Books I've Read This Year (Because how do I cut four books from this list?)

Part 3 of my Blogoversary Week Posts

These are the YA books I gave five stars to during my first year of blogging, arranged alphabetically.  Please note these are not necessarily books RELEASED in this time period, just books I happened to read for the first time during the past twelve months.








Simon is being all weird and won't participate in the collage.  See, I still have more to learn!


And no, I cannot pick a favorite from that list. Made You Up has my favorite cover, for what that's worth.

After writing about diversity in books earlier this week, I notice that I have only three books by non-white authors on this list.  On a more satisfying note, I also notice that six books feature major characters who are not white, five books feature mental or physical differences, and one has GLBQT themes.  

4 comments:

  1. Great list. I’m going to be reading Challenger Deep for a YA lit class sometime this year. I think I have a sample chapter from Boy 21 around here somewhere, but I haven’t read it because who has time for reading sample chapters? I’m hoping to read I’ll Meet You There this month because it’s been sitting on my TBR shelf since forever. Simon was one of my favorite books that I read last year. It’s such a sweet story.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a couple off of this list that I also enjoyed (Challenger Deep, I'll Meet You There, Made You Up, Simon). I still definitely want to read Every Last Word!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. Comments are almost as sweet as chocolate!