Friday, July 22, 2016

Surprise Library Haul

I don't do book hauls, normally, but I just had to share this with you.

I've got over 30 books home from my classroom library, plus another half dozen or more checked out from the library, so when I stopped by to pick up the ice cream maker I had on hold, I was NOT planning on checking out any more books.

But they've rearranged the library lately, and it brought my attention to both the new book and the bestseller shelves, and oh my WORD did I spot a bunch of books that I have been hoping to read.  I started piling them into my arms like I was rescuing kittens from a burning building.

Here they are, in all their glory (and all my non-bookstagram-ness):



Stella by Starlight by Sharon M. Draper
Vinegar Girl by Anne Tyler
Pax by Sara Pennypacker
The Shadow Queen by R. J. Redwine
Prayers the Devil Answers  by Sharyn McCrumb
The Haters by Jesse Andrews
Gathering of Shadows by by V. E. Schwab (but I haven't gotten the first one yet, so I probably won't actually read it)
My Seneca Village by Marilyn Nelson
Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson (not pictured, because my daughter fell asleep in my room where it was and I didn't want to wake her up when I was taking the picture)

All the bestsellers, which are the ones with the pink labels, have a non-renewable two week time limit, so I am abandoning all my other reading intentions to get through as many of these as I can.  

All that AND homemade mocha-walnut-chip ice cream!  Life is good, indeed.




9 comments:

  1. Lol, rescuing kittens perfectly describes how I shop for books. I hope you enjoy your haul. There are so many new releases that I want to read.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May I just say that I put some thought into that analogy, so I'm glad it worked for you!

      Delete
  2. I loved the Sharyn McCrumb and the Bill Bryson! I always enjoy Sharyn McCrumb's Ballad books and while this one really wasn't one from that series it did have that feel. Sometimes the library is a dangerous place for me! I have tons of books at home waiting on me but all the new pretties end up distracting me! Love the kitten analogy. Most days I'm strong at resisting the call of library books but some days it must be done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to re-enter McCrumb's world, and Bryson is always good for a laugh.

      Delete
  3. Your top three are all on my TBR list. I narrowly avoided buying Pax about 30 minutes ago--I know I ordered it for my classroom but I'm having a horribly difficult time waiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what makes the library so great! I've done the same thing. I've also read books from the library that I don't want to take out of circulation during the school year. If all the kids are passing it around, I figure I better read it too!

      Delete
  4. Every once in awhile you just have to drop everything for that new haul! :-)

    I came by to wish you a belated happy birthday - I'm sorry I'm late, but I hope you had a wonderful day!!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! It was a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. So fun! I often get sucked in to the new release shelf at my library as well. I'm such a huge fan of libraries! Side note - I really enjoyed Stella by Starlight, and it is a quick read!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. Comments are almost as sweet as chocolate!