Saturday, June 25, 2016

Sunday Post #7




The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.  It's "a chance to share news, a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog."

I'm keeping this short and sweet, since the month-end report is coming up.

Reading This Week:

I only read two books this week, Amy and Roger's Epic Detour and The Porcupine of Truth.  Both were good, but I thought Porcupine was better.  Porcupine was from the library--I was excited to see it, because it's part of the 2016 Youth Media Awards Challenge that Anne at My Head is Full of Books put together.  Amy & Roger was a free ebook from Riveted's summer celebration, and it was a quick, fun read.  I rarely read ebooks, but these are so accessible (and FREE) that I just clicked on my third of the summer.  


Blogging this week:

I did a bit better at blogging this week, which was encouraging.  I finally finished the very fun Netflix & Books tag, and after reading the two books above, I wrote a post about road trip books.  I also officially signed up for the Summer Comment Challenge for the month of July.  I declared a winner to the May wrap-up round-up scavenger hunt, and had fun picking up a few things for Silvara of Fantasy of the Silver Dragon.  

Life this week:

Far less craziness than previous weeks!  We bottled wine all day Sunday and Monday, we picked berries yesterday, and we got an application in to the county regarding some property we're trying to deal with.  One kid was at tennis camp most days, the other one finally got to make slime, something she'd been petitioning to do for about a month now.  It wasn't exactly a lazy week (as shown by only two books getting read), but it was calmer, which was great.  I also got to spend time with some friends during our bottling blitz, which is definitely the upside to being a small operation that relies on volunteer help.

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

7 comments:

  1. Bottling wine- how fun! I liked your roadtrip post. So true- road trips in books are quite eventful! Of those three I'd only heard of Let's Get Lost, but I had seen the blurb and it does sound kinda good.

    Hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Amy & Roger, as all the added extras like receipts, playlists, etc were just such fun! And I love a good roadtrip book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make wine? That’s so cool! I’m glad this week was calmer for you.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your road trip post. I'll have to give the audio of Let's Get Lost a try sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bottling wine is obviously a topic of interest to many of us. I hope you're going to show some pictures! That's one homemade item I've never tried - I got into lacto-fermenting at one point but not the alcoholic version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you are very busy, though I got stuck on the bottling wine thing. Really?! Wow...

    And... The Porcupine of Truth? Never heard of it, but what an amazing title!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been working on getting on track with my blogging too. The struggle is very real. I am glad you enjoyed Amy&Rodger, it's in my TBR.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. Comments are almost as sweet as chocolate!