Saturday, June 25, 2016

Comment Challenge--Summer, 2016



I feel like May and June got really busy and I've not had time to spend on blogging, commenting, or even reading.  This is frustrating for me!  So when I heard about the Summer 2016 Comment Challenge, while reading a post on The Literary Feline, I figured it would be a great way to pull myself back into a better pattern of interaction.

Basically, each month this summer, the fine people at FLYLéF and A Kernel of Nonsense are organizing pairs of bloggers who commit to commenting a certain number of times on each other's blogs during that month.  Simple enough, right?  Sadly, I am so disorganized that not only did I miss June, but I'm getting this post up too late to advertise the challenge for July, since the sign-ups are already over.  HOWEVER, if you're interested, you can still sign up for August!

They have 5-10 and 11-20 ranges, so you can commit as much or as little time as you have.  Being a bit nervous my first time out, I've signed up for 5-10 comments.  The purpose here is not to artificially pump up your commenting stats, but to really dive into someone else's blog and build a relationship with that person, so I'm excited to see who I'm paired with.

The August sign-ups open on July 1, so if you're interested, be sure to stop by one of the hosting blogs and get ready to participate!


5 comments:

  1. Awww, don't be nervous Wendy. Life can sometimes get the better of us and we fall behind on things we enjoy. The key is exactly what you've done--to just jump right back in. I hope that you and (I can't say your partner's name just in case you haven't seen the pairing yet. Surprise is half the fun. ) will have plenty of fun commenting on each othe's blog. Thank you so much for this post and for helping to spread the word. ~Lonna @ FLYLēF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good luck! I'm not good at commenting and returning comments, so this seems like am ambitious goal. But I'm sure you'll rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun way to get to know another blogger!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! This sounds like a great way to get to know other bloggers.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries, life can get crazy, so it's alright to be a little late posting your sign-up post. I hope you enjoy your pairing for July and that you make a really great connection!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. Comments are almost as sweet as chocolate!