Saturday, June 4, 2016

Choose My Summer Reading!

I started to think about packing up my classroom today.  We have one more week of school, but I have about a thousand books (with 500 on their way this summer) and I'm moving to the opposite end of the building.

The first thing I did was to start pulling books I want to take home this summer and read.  Books that have been on my radar all year, but that I never made time for.  Books that students read and weren't able to talk about with me, since I haven't read them yet.  Books that look like they'd be good for specific students, but I'm just guessing.

I quickly ended up with about ten books I will definitely read, and 44 more that I'd like to read.  Given that I already have about 30 books at home to read, plus professional reading to do, plus, yes, life, I don't think I'll be able to get to all of these.

This is where you come in.  Well, first it's where Shannon of It Starts at Midnight came in.  She has this super fun post up in which she's asking readers to "reap" books from her TBR pile that she will then pit against each other, review by review, until she has a winner.  I loved the vote-by-swiping feature she used, so I went ahead and stole her idea.

Here are the books that I've pulled and am considering.  I think I can commit to reading the twenty books that get the most votes.  I'm going to ask my students to vote in class to, and I'll combine the results to get the 20 most popular titles.

It's totally okay to go off titles and covers if you aren't familiar with the books.  Have fun!

update: results are HERE


2 comments:

  1. I saw this on Shannon's blog too - seems like a great idea! I voted.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. Comments are almost as sweet as chocolate!