Saturday, April 23, 2016

Update Two: Almost Halfway!


It's been a great day, although I've had to roll with a few things.  I meant to take a 20 minute nap and slept for over an hour, although I will say I woke up feeling refreshed.  I meant to take a walking break with a friend, but realized I'd sent my daughter and husband off, and I can't leave my son home alone, and taking him along would not have been the best idea, so I cancelled.

Here's my mid-way checkin:
1. What are you reading right now?
A Brutal Telling by Louise Penny2. How many books have you read so far?
I've finished two (a YA novel and a MG novel), and read part one of The Liar's Club before switching to the mystery I'm on right now.3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Still haven't gotten to I Crawl Through It.4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Daughter wants some attention; husband has had some questions.  I'm trying to be patient--to listen and respond and give undivided attention, but then be clear that I'm going to get back to what I'm doing.  5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Honestly, I haven't read as much as I would have thought.  I think hourly check-ins are very fun, but take more time that I expected.  

Second completed book:

The Unlikely Hero of Room 13 B by Teresa Toten--4.5/5 stars

1 comment:

  1. I would imagine that the check-ins would pull you out of reading - I could see that being an issue! Good luck with the rest of your event!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. Comments are almost as sweet as chocolate!