Tuesday, March 29, 2016

SOL #30: Haikus It Is.




"I got squat," she says
Squinting like an old cowboy
Into the sunset.

Where's inspiration?
Her muse must be sound asleep
So, haikus it is.

The second day back
is always the hardest one
Morning too early.

Maybe that story-
or the one with the lost dogs?
Fall back on Peace Corps?

But none come to life
It just sounds like blah blah blah
Too much work for now.

No fresh ideas
Thirty days of slicing and
Now I've got nothin'.

Written as part of the Slice of Life March writing challenge sponsored by Two Writing Teachers


10 comments:

  1. Love it. Very creative for not knowing what to write. I love the first haiku- I got squat. Sometimes that says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Very creative for not knowing what to write. I love the first haiku- I got squat. Sometimes that says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that it's a creative way to show there's nothing there...writers go through this sometimes right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a "Quatro Haiku" (my invention?) today! We can call yours a "Cinco Haiku" or a "Quatro-and-a-Quarter Haiku"! Glad to see you followed the strict syllable format - my fave!
    See, you DID have something to write about!

    Donna
    http://mainelywrite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your "nothing" turned into a delightful string of thoughts for this almost last day, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But you got style
    Telling the truth back to work
    Sleepiness blues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's kind of addictive, isn't it?

      Delete
  7. OMIGOSH! I wrote about having nothing today but yours is much more eloquent! I'm just glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the end - thirty days of slicing and now I've got nothing. Ha!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. Comments are almost as sweet as chocolate!