Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A-Z Challenge

A, you're adorable
B, you're beautiful
C, you're the cutest thing that I ever saw...

I have no idea where this snippet of song comes from, or why it's occupying valuable brain space that could be better used for remembering which street to turn on to get to my daughter's friend's house, or which password goes with which username, or even for the name of Bellingham, WA, which I can never recall in conversation.  But I think it's an oldie, partly because I hum it to the same tune as another weird little ditty--My girl's a corker, she's a New Yorker, I'll buy her anything to keep her in style.  She's got a pair of hips just like two battleship, hot dog! That's where my money goes.

This post is not going to be about odd songs I have stuck in my head, although there is certainly enough material to write a blog post on.  Instead, I am declaring my intent to participate in the April A-Z blog challenge, and I'm inviting you to do the same.  Information is available at Blogging From A-Z Challenge.  In a nutshell, you blog every day except Sundays in April, which leaves 26 days.  Your content each day is based on the next letter of the alphabet--it can be themed, or random; related to your usual blog, or not.  I'm going to be writing book-related things, but not get any more specific than that.  If B is for biography, U might be for Ursula le Guin, and J might be for judging a book by its cover.

I'm going to have to write a bunch of stuff in advance, which is not how I usually roll, so I figure that will be good for me.  It might even force me to not be so dang long-winded all the time.  I don't do so great with reading challenges, but I've never tried a writing challenge.  It could be a bust, but that's never a reason to not try.

Who's in?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! Can't wait to check your posts out! I'm considering this, but I need to think it through a little bit.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I always already have way too much that I need to post to be able to do these sorts of things, but I'll be sure to check yours out!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. Comments are almost as sweet as chocolate!