Sunday, December 6, 2015

I'm Nerdy!

I had a post up on the Nerdy Book Blog the other day, about reading aloud to my middle school classes.

My school has gotten away from the whole-class novel study in recent years, but I still wanted to read aloud to my 7th and 8th grade intervention classes, simply for the joy of sharing a good book.  I pulled a bunch of great titles off the shelf and had each class vote on which one they wanted to hear.  A few weeks into the project, it became clear that I was doing some things right.  I also had realized some of my mistakes.  This list attempts to clarify my hard-earned understanding of what it takes to engage students in a read-aloud while maintaining your sanity.

Read the rest here!

3 comments:

  1. Just popped over to read the full post! Great - as usual. I always really enjoy hearing about your classroom adventures!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Please share your thoughts. Comments are almost as sweet as chocolate!