Monday, October 12, 2015

Look! I'm on a book!

Plus, I'm obviously very poetic.

My sister just sent me a link to this book, because she recognized the cover photo.



Top right--little girl with braids looped up Heidi-style, furiously engaged with her book.  Aren't I cute?  (My dad's skill with utilizing "sweet light" doesn't hurt.)  I don't know how this particular photo escaped his stock agency into some sort of public domain, but I know it's out there--I first saw it on a billboard advertising, appropriately enough, the Oregon Education Association.  "Working Wonders in Oregon Schools" was the tagline, and given that I'm both a product of Oregon schools and have been employed in Oregon schools for nearly two decades, I guess I make a pretty good poster child.  

Anyways.  I just had to share.  It's always a little disconcerting, but also kind of fun.  Back when stock agencies were how photographers shared non-assignment photos, we'd run into pictures of our family all over the place*, but now that the internet has changed everything, it's pretty rare.  I see the book is not new, so I guess that also explains it.  

I marked it "to read" on Goodreads, but it actually sounds kind of dry.  Let me know if you know otherwise...

*Like, a picture of my mom and our husky on the packaging for an emergency whistle, or a picture of my nephew's first hair cut appearing in a mall in Iowa, where another sister happened to be.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! It must have been so weird to see your pictures all over the place, but also quite fun- I am sure that very few people can say that they have been on billboards and book covers!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  2. How surreal! I can't imagine seeing myself all over the place. But a book ... well, that would be fun!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. Comments are almost as sweet as chocolate!